Email Retargeting & Targeting
Geobid’s email retargeting let’s you serve ads to people who have recently opened up an email from you. It works the same way as site retargeting by placing a small image pixel in the HTML of your email. This is great for small businesses with a large email list but don’t have a lot of website visitors.
The way email retargeting works is simple:
- Customer opens an email from a vendor (ie, mortgage broker, restaurant, hotel, etc.)
- When the customer next visits one of 15,000,000 websites which are in our ad inventory and the customer is then shown an ad from the original emailing vendor. This occurs even if the customer has never been to the vendor’s website.
- Real life examples would include when a customer receives an email from 1-800 Contacts or Jiffy Lube. The customer then goes to a newsfeed (such as MSN), they see ads from Jiffy Lube or 1-800 Contacts, which reminds them to purchase contact lenses or get their oil changed.
Real Life Email Targeting and Retargeting Applications
Car Dealerships can use email strategies to include both acquisition Targeting and Retargeting. Acquisition Targeting would involve sending emails to various potential car purchasers within a certain demographic who have not previously engaged a particular dealership. Retargeting would involve sending emails to previous customers advising them of special events, new model inventory, maintenance reminders and recall advisories. Once they open the email, they would then be shown ads from multiple different ad campaigns depending on that individual’s demographics. For example, former SUV purchasers would be shown SUV ads regarding new models, whereas any former service center customer could be shown specials regarding maintenance.
Educational Institutions such as Universities, Colleges, Private High Schools/Grade Schools, Charter Schools and Trade Schools can Email Target potential students who have been identified from various databases. For example, High School Seniors’ email addresses are routinely and openly provided by their schools to any requesting College or University. Once a potential student or their parent opens an email and they are cookied, then they can be shown generalized ads regarding the Educational Institution. Once they click on an ad and visit the school’s site, they can then be “Retargeted” to be shown ads which are specific to the individual page they’ve visited. For example, if they’ve visited a site page regarding engineering, they then would be Retargeted by an ad campaign, which will then show ads touting the Universities engineering program’s graduation rate, employment rate, financial aid, etc.
Insurance Companies and Agencies.
National Insurance Companies, and their local agencies can use Email Retargeting by simply placing the Geobid pixel (or “cookie”) in the emails they routinely send to their customers. Once the customer opens the email, they can then be shown ads based on a campaign which most directly applies to them. For example, if the customer is approaching the expiration date of their policy term, they can be shown generalized branding ads regarding the Insurance Company, or very specific ads such as, “Don’t let your auto policy lapse—Call Bob Jones at Farmer’s now!”
Geobid’s Email Targeting and Retargeting is Inexpensive and has Great Features
Other retargeting companies which have Email Retargeting capability require lengthy contracts, charge a monthly “management fee”, and are not self-serve. They also charge up to 40% of ad spend as a “user fee” and have no self-serve option or support. Geobid’s platform requires no contract and no minimum ad spend. It has only a 15% user fee on just the ad spend—that’s all! In addition, Geobid provides users with a free dedicated Ad Manager. Geobid’s Email Targeting and Retargeting platform has all the best features. These features include:
- Single Universal Tracking Pixel
- Multisite Management
- Conversion Tracking
- Advanced Segmenting
- Image Ads
- HTML 5/Slideshow Ads
- Video Ads
- Zip Code Targeting
Geobid Account Managers are specially trained to handle Email Targeting and Retargeting campaigns. They will show you how to set up your campaigns. Specifically:
- How to set up your budget
- How to set your Ad frequency (ie. how often each ad is shown)
- How to set your campaign to bring visitors seeking specific services or products to specific landing pages
- How to create different ads to show the same visitor regarding different aspects of your service or product
- How to show one set of ads to a visitor who looked at one of your services, and a different set to a different visitor who viewed a different service
The longer you run your campaigns, the more potential customers/former web visitors will see your ads. Once a potential customer satisfies your conversion goal (such as submitting a “contact us” form), they will no longer be shown your ads. Now it’s up to you, a successful business or agency, to do the easy part and convince them that they need to purchase your service or product!